“I am trying to devise a shift pattern that involves employees working 8-hour day, swing, & night shifts covering 24/7 operations, with 18 employees at two sites (not too many overlaps).We require 2 employees per shift at each location per shift and employees should not average more than 40 hours per week. Also, an employee should work no more than 3 days in a row, preferably only two days in a row where possible.“
One of the many shift schedules that meet your requirements is shown below. This schedule plan will require that we set up a shift rotation with a customized set of patterns. The employees will alternate between Day, Swing, and Night shifts over a 63 day period to complete the full rotation.
To accomplish this shift schedule we will be building a rotation of 18 teams, assigning 1 employee to each team.
You figured out your shift pattern. Now What?
Get Snap Schedule. It helps you cut scheduling time, avoid conflicts, and comply with union, overtime, break and minimum rest rules.
No installation. No download. Work anywhere, anytime, on any device.
To create a schedule file using Snap Schedule Employee Scheduling Software, follow these steps:
1) Create a new schedule file. Click here to see the video tutorial.
2) Create 18 employees and 18 teams. Assign 1 employee to each team.
3) Create 3 8-hour shifts to meet your specifications for each location.
4) Using the Manage Shift Patterns command, create a new shift pattern as shown.
5) Using the Manage Schedule Plan, create a new schedule plan as shown below.
6) To generate employee work schedules (shift assignments) from this plan, click on the Generate Schedule button and follow the on-screen instructions. Once completed, review the schedule assignments and make adjustments as required. Use Snap Schedule Employee Scheduling Software to manage vacations, holidays, time offs, and to print and distribute work schedules.