“I need to create a work schedule I require 2 employees per shift. I have 9 employees and they need to rotate through the shifts and each average less than 40 hours per week.”
One of the many shift schedules that meet your requirements is described below. In this work schedule we’ll look to rotate employees through the Day, Swing, and Night shifts over the course of 6 weeks. The employees will follow a pattern of 7 days working, followed by at least 3 straight days off. There will also be 3 employees who will only work on the Swing and Night shifts, but you could lengthen the rotation pattern if needed to provide them with some of the Day shift patterns.
To accomplish this shift schedule we will be building a rotation for 9 teams, assigning one employee to each team.
You figured out your shift pattern. Now What?
Get Snap Schedule. It helps you cut scheduling time, avoid conflicts, and comply with union, overtime, break and minimum rest rules.
No installation. No download. Work anywhere, anytime, on any device.
To create a schedule file using Snap Schedule Employee Scheduling Software, follow these steps:
1) Create a new schedule file. Click here to see the video tutorial.
2) Create 9 employees and 9 teams. Assign each employee to their own team.
3) Create three 8-hour shifts to cover the 24 hours of operation.
4) Using the Manage Shift Patterns command, create a new shift pattern as shown
5) Using the Manage Schedule Plan, create a new schedule plan as shown below.
6) To generate employee work schedules (shift assignments) from this plan, click on the Generate Schedule button and follow the on-screen instructions. Once completed, review the schedule assignments and make adjustments as required. Use Snap Schedule Employee Scheduling Software to manage vacations, holidays, time offs, and to print and distribute work schedules.