Employee Scheduling Software for Casinos, Gaming & Amusement Establishments
Staff scheduling for casinos and gaming organizations is complex and challenging. In a business that operates 24/7, 365 days a year, the right number of people with the right skill set must be scheduled around the clock to fill the right positions or service level will suffer. Effective casino staff scheduling software, combined with well-designed work schedules, goes a long way toward improving operational efficiencies and reducing costs. Every casino and department within a casino operates with different rules and priorities and scheduling managers must comply with a multitude of work and union rules — everything from how many days an employee can work, on call, or take time off in a row, to how many overtime hours are allowed each week, to which shifts, games, floors or departments they can work. When scheduling security guards, surveillance officers, floor persons, dealers, managers must take into account a variety of different skills as well as certifications. Scheduling managers must balance employee availability and preferences in the scheduling process to reduce absences and turnover, and casinos need to accurately track and calculate employee shift time, shift premium, and overtime to reduce payroll error and overall labor costs.
Snap Schedule Employee Scheduling Software helps casinos meet these challenges. It is packed with powerful employee scheduling features and gives you instant access to key decision-making criteria, including staffing requirements, regular, overtime and on-call hours, labor costs, employee skills and certifications, employee availability and preferences, and more.
Snap Schedule Casino Staff Scheduling Capabilities
Easily schedule unlimited employees and shifts
- Apply fair and equitable rotation rules and work schedules among sections, pits, tables, shifts, and more.
- View visual, color coded alerts based on continuous-conflict checking and dynamic staffing hours and costs totals.
- Drag & drop to easily assign shifts, mark time off, move or copy assignments.
- View assignments and schedule your staff from three different views. Use whichever view is easiest and most effective for your casino scheduling tasks.
- Create rolling work schedules – from days to years.
- Software automatically generates work schedules using industry standard shift patterns or user-definable schedule plans.
Track all vacation, sick leave, and other off-work requests
- Define as many paid and un-paid time-off reasons as you like.
- Simply drag & drop a reason onto the Schedule Planner to mark when a worker is off-work.
- The Schedule Outlook shows who are off-work and why.
- Available reports provide details on planned vacation, training, time off hours for any time period you select.
Save time in managing and reporting on staff qualifications and proficiencies
- Keep complete records of employees who may be permanent, full-time or part-time staff.
- Systematically track skills, certifications, training classes, and gaming licenses.
- Monitor expiration or renewal dates for cerification and notify employees and management of pending expirations.
- Use Snap Schedule’s 25 customizable fields in each employee record to track information that is unique to your operation.
Adjust individual shift assignment start and end times
- Casino workers assigned to a shift are anticipated to work the same period from the shift start time to shift end time.
- When a late start is needed or an early departure is necessary, you can adjust individual workers’ shift assignment start and end times to reflect the actual hours worked. You can also adjust the hours that the workers will be paid for working a shift.
- Labor cost reports reflect any adjustments made to the individual shift start and end times.
Assign breaks and tasks within each shift
- The Task Schedule Planner provides a more granular level of control for assigning worker activities within a shift.
- Visually assign tasks of any length from 1 minute to several hours with a simple drag and drop. You may use a task to identify a scheduled break, a work station, or a specific duty.
- Standard reports provide detailed and summary information on assigned breaks and tasks for cost control, payroll, and accounting purposes.
Quickly and efficiently fill a shift or find a substitute
- Quickly find and contact a substitute worker to fill a cancellation.
- Set priorities for the order in which staff should be called in to fill a shift. Tell Snap Schedule your criteria and it will show you a ranked list of available candidates to fill a shift. Ranking can be based on many criteria including job position, skills, availability, labor cost, work hour limits, seniority, and more.
Work around your schedule constraints with ease
- Define your casino operational constraints such as non-working days, shift start times, end times and applicable days of the week for each shift.
- Define each worker’s availability schedule, desired work hours, daily work hour constraints, and weekly work hour constraints.
- The Schedule Planner alerts you to availability conflicts, duplicate shift assignments, overlapped shift assignments, and conflicts with scheduled time off.
- The Daily Assignment Validation report identifies all discrepancies and constraint violations.
Manage labor costs and avoid over/under staffing
- Set overtime policies for your casino operations.
- Define hourly cost, overtime exempt status and work hour constraints for each worker.
- Use the Shift Coverage planner to monitor under/over staffing conditions based on position, skill, and assignment reason.
- Adjust workers' shift assignment start time, end time, and payable hours as necessary to reflect actual work hours.
- Standard reports provide labor cost details and summary data associated with the schedules you created over any specified period.
- Use the software to export labor cost data for payroll and accounting purposes.
Easily publish schedules to casino staff members and management
- Print schedule views, lists, assignment calendars, and reports to communicate schedule information to management and your staff.
- Easily publish work schedules, calendars, and any report in PDF and a variety of other formats.
- Automatically email work schedules (in text or iCalendar file format) to workers and/or their supervisors.