Employee Scheduling Software for Restaurant, Hospitality & Food-service Industries
Snap Schedule restaurant scheduling software takes the pain out of creating work schedules and controlling labor budgets for restaurant, hospitality, and food-service industries.
Employee scheduling and rostering for restaurant, hospitality, and food-service industries can be complicated and present many challenges. These industries have peak hours, high seasons, part-time workers, and a variety of job positions to schedule and spilt shifts to cover. Managers are usually given labor budgets (payroll dollars) that generally vary from week to week as restaurant sales fluctuate. Union and FLSA rules may place restrictions on work hours, overtime compensation, and the types of work schedules that can be implemented. Retail managers must also consider time-off requests, labor rules, and personnel availabilities when developing schedules for full-time and part-time restaurant workers.
With Snap Schedule scheduling software, restaurants, dinners, bars and clubs, catering companies, country clubs, fast food and quick service restaurants will save scheduling time, improve efficiency, reduce labor costs, and strike a work-life balance for employees.
Snap Schedule Restaurant Scheduling Software Capabilities
Easily schedule unlimited number of employees with Snap Schedule software
- Drag & drop to easily schedule fixed, rotating, and split shifts, mark time off, move or copy assignments..
- View assignments and schedule your staff from three different views. Use whichever view is easiest and most effective for your scheduling tasks.
- Create rolling work schedules – from days to years.
- Software automatically generates work schedules using industry standard shift patterns or user-definable schedule plans.
Quickly and efficiently fill a shift or find a substitute
- Quickly find and contact a substitute worker to fill an open shift.
- Tell Snap Schedule software your criteria and it will show you a ranked list of available candidates to fill a shift. Ranking can be based on many criteria including job position, skills, availability, labour cost, work hour limits, and seniority.
Track all training, vacation, sick leave, and other off-work requests
- Define as many paid and un-paid time-off reasons as you like.
- Simply drag & drop a reason onto the Schedule Planner to mark when an employee is off-work.
- The software's Schedule Outlook shows who is off-work and why.
- Available reports provide details on planned vacation, training, time off hours for any time period you select.
Assign breaks, duties, and tasks within each shift
- The software's Task Schedule Planner provides a more granular level of control for assigning employee activities within a shift.
- Visually assign tasks of any length from 1 minute to several hours with a simple drag and drop. You may use a task to identify a scheduled break, a work station, or a specific duty.
- Standard reports provide detailed and summary information on assigned breaks and tasks for cost control, payroll, and accounting purposes.
Manage labor costs and avoid over/under staffing
- Set overtime policies for your business.
- Define hourly cost, overtime exempt status and work hour constraints for each employee.
- Use the software's Shift Coverage planner to monitor under/over staffing conditions based on position (i.e. cashiers, waiters, servers), skill, and assignment reason.
- Adjust workers' shift assignment start time, end time, and payable hours as necessary to reflect actual work hours.
- Standard reports provide labor cost data by shift, employee, position, work order, location, and other criteria.
- Export labour cost data for payroll and accounting purposes.
Adjust individual shift assignment start and end times
- Employees assigned to a shift are anticipated to work the same period from the shift start time to shift end time.
- When a late start is needed or an early departure is necessary, you can adjust individual workers’ shift assignment start and end times to reflect the actual hours worked. You can also adjust the hours that the restaurant workers will be paid for working a shift.
- Labor cost reports reflect any adjustments made to the individual shift start and end times.
Work around your schedule constraints with ease
- Define your operational constraints such as non-working days, shift start times, end times and applicable days of the week for each shift.
- Define each employee’s availability schedule, desired work hours, daily work hour constraints, and weekly work hour constraints.
- The software's Schedule Planner alerts you to availability conflicts, duplicate shift assignments, overlapped shift assignments, and conflicts with scheduled time off.
- The Daily Assignment Validation report identifies all discrepancies and constraint violations.
- The software's Staffing Overview graph displays the number of scheduled employees having a specified skill by location, station, shift, or hourly coverage.
Easily publish schedules to workers, cashiers, and managers with Snap Schedule software
- Print schedule views, lists, assignment calendars, and reports to communicate schedule information to management and your employees.
- Easily publish work schedules, calendars, and any report in PDF and a variety of other formats.
- Automatically email work schedules (in text or iCalendar file format) to restaurant workers and/or their supervisors.