What's new in Snap Schedule Premium 2017 Employee Scheduling Software
We've listened to you, our customers, and added many exciting new features and improvements to the 2013 Edition to help you get more done in fewer steps.
There are times when you need to reassign tasks from one employee to another due to absence or unexpected changes in the workload. To reassign all tasks in an employee’s shift, you can simply move the shift or cut and paste the shift to another employee while in the Daily View. However, if you just want to reassign a single task to a different employee, you can select the task while in the Task view and use the new Reassign a Task command to select an employee from a list of qualified candidates. A new user interface is now available to help you find the best available employee to take over another employee’s assigned task. You can use different criteria such as current employee work locations, current work shifts, punch/in out status, qualifications for the task, etc. to narrow down the list of available substitute employees.
You can authorize schedulers (i.e. application users) access to scheduling information at all shift locations or only at certain shift locations. Using the Schedule Data Access tab on the Application User property page, you can now allow a scheduler to view and change scheduling related data such as shifts, shift assignments, tasks, task assignments, punches, and employee records for all shift locations or only specific locations. When a scheduler has limited access, a limited access visual indicator will be displayed on the status bar at the bottom of the screen.
A new tab is added to the Skill property page to indicate whether or not each of the active employees possesses the specified skill. From this tab, the skill status and skill expiration date can be quickly entered for any active employee.
- Improved report data filtering capability. When applying a filter on a report text field, the report engine now retrieves all possible values for that text field from the database and populates them in a drop-down list for easy user selection. Currently, only values that are being displayed on the report are populated.
- Updated the Time Off Request report to allow sorting and filtering by employee hire date.
Added 2 new reports:
- Shift Coverage by Assignment Reason: This report displays the number of people required and scheduled by assignment reason for each shift, organized by shift location for each day in the report date range.
- Shift Coverage by Skill/Certification: This report displays the number of people required and scheduled by skill/certification for each shift, organized by shift location for each day in the report date range.
- Snap Schedule Premium 2017 software now supports all editions of on-premise or Web-hosted Microsoft SQL Server from 2005 to 2016.
- Removed the upper limit of 168 hours for work periods when entering work schedule data for each employee. Any non-negative work hour limit is now acceptable.
- Fixed the Employee Work Hours By Location and Recorded Employee Work Hours By Location reports to correct a problem where the date and shift header information may not be exported correctly to a pdf file.
- Fixed the Punch Records By Employee report to correct a bug where the position description and team description are blank.
- Fixed a bug in the Open Shift Summary report that caused date values to be formatted incorrectly under certain conditions when the United Kingdom date format is selected.