Scheduling Software for Nursing Homes and Long-Term Care Facilities
Long-term care facilities and nursing homes operate 24/7, 365 days a year. In order to deliver quality, long-term care facilities need to schedule the proper, skilled resources at the right place at the right time. Managing shift schedules to maintain the required staffing levels, balancing skill sets across shifts, and providing training for new staff present many scheduling challenges. Snap Schedule scheduling software for nursing homes and long-term care facilities can address these complex problems and assist administrators and managers in staffing shifts and departments more efficiently than manual, paper-based scheduling processes.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) recently enhanced its Nursing Home Compare public reporting site to include a set of quality ratings for each nursing home that participates in Medicare or Medicaid. The CMS Five Star quality rating is composed of scores in three areas — health inspection, staffing, and quality measures. Maintaining high ratings in CMS Five Star quality rating system is vital to the success of a long-term care facility. Workforce scheduling software like Snap Schedule and effective processes can go a long way toward addressing staffing, retention, compliance, and quality challenges.
Scheduling Software Capabilities
Easily schedule unlimited number of employees and shifts with Snap Schedule software
- Schedule nurses and nursing home staff such as clerical, administrative, or housekeeping staff
- Drag & drop to easily assign shifts, mark on-call and time off, move or copy assignments.
- View assignments and schedule nurses and staff from three different views. Use whichever view is easiest and most effective for your scheduling tasks.
- Create rolling shift schedules for nurses – from days to years.
Track on-call, training, vacation, sick leave, and other off-work requests
- Define as many paid and un-paid time-off reasons as you like.
- Simply drag & drop a reason onto the Schedule Planner to mark when a nurse is off-work.
- The Schedule Outlook shows who is off-work and why.
- Available reports provide details on planned vacation, training, and time off hours for any time period you select.
Skill & certification tracking
- Ensure consistency in staffing and track certification of employees.
- Keep complete records of available nurses who may be permanent, full-time or part-time staff, float or per-diem staff, agancy, or contract staff.
- Systematically track credentials and monitor expiration of or renewal dates for cerification.
- Use Snap Schedule’s 25 customizable fields in each employee record to track information that is unique to your operation.
Easily Fill Open Shifts
- Quickly find and contact qualified nurses to fill open shifts.
- Fill open shifts with just a few clicks of the mouse. Tell Snap Schedule software your criteria and it will show you a ranked list of available candidates to fill a shift. Ranking can be based on many criteria including job seniority, position, skills, availability, labor cost, and work hour limits.
Flexible multi-location scheduling
- Use the software to easily create shift schedules for particular units or departments, the entire facility, or an integrated delivery network.
- Define work locations (stations, wards, wings, etc.) for your organization and designate authorized work locations for each nurse. The Schedule Planner will alert you if any nurse is assigned to an unauthorized location.
- Know instantly where the nurses are asssigned from a single computer screen. No need to flip through pages of paper to see absentees, on-call, training, or overtime situations. View shift and rotation scheduling for any location on any date.
- Use standard reports to gain visibility into scheduling activities and cost data at all locations, groups of locations, or a specific location.
Multi-skill nurse scheduling is a breeze
- Define skills and certifications related to each nurse. Snap Schedule software alerts you when credentials are about to expire or have not been updated.
- The Shift Coverage Planner lets you know if there are enough nurses with the right skills to staff a shift.
- The software's Staffing Overview graph displays the number of scheduled nurses with a specified skill by location, shift, or hourly coverage.
Work around your schedule constraints with ease
- Define each nurse’s availability schedule, desired work hours, daily work hour constraints, and weekly work hour constraints.
- The Schedule Planner alerts you to nurse's availability conflicts, duplicate shift assignments, overlapped shift assignments, and conflicts with scheduled time off.
- The Daily Assignment Validation report identifies all discrepancies and constraint violations.
Manage labor costs and avoid nurse over/under staffing
- Set overtime, shift preminum, and time off policies for your organization.
- Define hourly cost, overtime exempt status and work hour constraints for each nurse.
- Use the Shift Coverage planner to monitor under/over staffing conditions based on position, skill, and shift assignment reason.
- Instantly see the impact staffing changes will have on the budget.
- Adjust shift assignment start time, end time, and payable hours as necessary to reflect actual work hours.
- Standard reports provide labour cost details and summary data associated with the schedules you created over any specified period.
- Use the software to export labour cost data for payroll and accounting purposes.
Easily publish schedules with Snap Schedule software
- Print schedule views, lists, rosters, assignment calendars, and reports to communicate schedule information to management and nurses.
- Easily publish shift schedules, calendars, and any report in PDF and a variety of other formats.
- Publish open shifts and shift coverage data.
- Automatically email work schedules (in text or iCalendar file format) to nurses and/or their supervisors.