Library Scheduling Software - Snap Schedule
With today’s shrinking budgets, libraries must make maximum use of their available personnel and resources. Effective library scheduling, combined with well designed work schedules, goes a long way toward improving operational efficiencies and reducing costs. Library staff scheduling is complicated and presents many challenges. All libraries have a variety of job positions to schedule and work stations (desks) to be covered. Most libraries allocate employees proportionally by the hour of the day and rotate employees to ensure an even spread of shifts for each staff member over the week. Library schedulers must also consider time-off requests, labor rules, and personnel availabilities when developing work schedules for full-time librarians, part-time workers, and library volunteers.
Snap Schedule Library Scheduling Capabilities
Easily schedule unlimited library employees and volunteers
- Drag & drop to easily assign shifts, mark time off, move or copy assignments.
- View assignments and schedule your library staff from three different views. Use whichever view is easiest and most effective for your library scheduling tasks.
- Create rolling work schedules – from days to years.
- Software automatically generates work schedules using industry standard shift patterns or user-definable schedule plans.
Track all training, vacation, sick leave, and other off-work requests
- Define as many paid and un-paid time-off reasons as you like.
- Simply drag & drop a reason onto the Schedule Planner to mark when a library worker is off-work.
- The Schedule Outlook shows who are off-work and why.
- Available reports provide details on planned vacation, training, time off hours for any time period you select.
Adjust individual shift assignment start and end times
- Library workers assigned to a shift are anticipated to work the same period from the shift start time to shift end time.
- When a late start is needed or an early departure is necessary, you can adjust individual workers’ shift assignment start and end times to reflect the actual hours worked. You can also adjust the hours that the workers will be paid for working a shift.
- Labor cost reports reflect any adjustments made to the individual shift start and end times.
Assign desks, work stations, breaks, and duties within each shift
- The Task Schedule Planner provides a more granular level of control for assigning worker activities within a shift.
- Visually assign duties of any length from 1 minute to several hours with a simple drag and drop. You may use a task to identify a scheduled break, a work station, or a specific duty.
- Standard reports provide detailed and summary information on assigned breaks and desk assignments for cost control, payroll, and accounting purposes.
Snap Schedule is very easy to use and a perfect match for the library scheduling needs. When I used Excel spreadsheets, I generally spent a couple of days to plan schedules for the entire term. Snap Schedule software really has helped me cut down the amount of time spent on scheduling.
Head of Library Access Services
St. Mary’s University College
Quickly and efficiently fill a shift or find a substitute
- Quickly find and contact a substitute worker to fill a cancellation.
- Tell Snap Schedule your criteria and it will show you a ranked list of available candidates to fill a shift. Ranking can be based on many criteria including job position, skills, availability, labor cost, work hour limits, and seniority.
Work around your schedule constraints with ease
- Define your library operational constraints such as non-working days, shift start times, end times and applicable days of the week for each shift.
- Define each worker’s availability schedule, desired work hours, daily work hour constraints, and weekly work hour constraints.
- The Schedule Planner alerts you to availability conflicts, duplicate shift assignments, overlapped shift assignments, and conflicts with scheduled time off.
- The Daily Assignment Validation report identifies all discrepancies and constraint violations.
Manage labor costs and avoid over/under staffing
- Set overtime policies for your library operations.
- Define hourly cost, overtime exempt status and work hour constraints for each library worker.
- Use the Shift Coverage planner to monitor under/over staffing conditions based on position, skill, and assignment reason.
- Adjust workers' shift assignment start time, end time, and payable hours as necessary to reflect actual work hours.
- Standard reports provide labor cost details and summary data associated with the schedules you created over any specified period.
- Export labor cost data for payroll and accounting purposes.
Easily publish schedules to library staff members and management
- Print schedule views, lists, assignment calendars, and reports to communicate schedule information to management and your staff members.
- Easily publish work schedules, calendars, and any report in PDF and a variety of other formats.
- Automatically email work schedules (in text or iCalendar file format) to workers and/or their supervisors.