Platinum Winner of 2018 Modern Library Awards
Only Snap Schedule 365 hits libraries' sweet spot, delivers every feature, fits your budget and is easy to use. Judging by its two consecutive Modern Library Awards (MLA) that Snap Schedule 365 has earned, you can’t do better!
The MLAs were created to recognize the elite products and services that serve the library industry. Winners were selected based on a process that involved evaluation by actual users of the applicants’ products and services. Product submissions for MLAs were sent to LibraryWorks database of more than 80,000 librarians at public, K-12, academic, and special libraries for scoring. Judges scored the product on a numeric basis from 1-10 on a series of questions regarding functionality, value, customer service, and other factors.
With today’s shrinking budgets, libraries must make maximum use of their available personnel and resources. Effective library scheduling, combined with well designed work schedules, go a long way toward improving operational efficiencies and reducing costs.
Using spreadsheets, documents, online calendars, or paper to schedule staff, volunteers, or interns may be familiar. Perhaps it’s the way your library has always done employee scheduling. While these methods may be sliding by, they lack the statistical tools, drag and drop features that make scheduling a breeze, ease of sharing and remote access, or various tabs to manage different locations, service points, employee information, and departments.
See how your library employee scheduling process becomes smooth by moving to Snap Schedule software. Migrating from the old method to Snap Schedule is simple and painless with our top-rated customer service to assist you along the way. You’ll wonder why you didn’t switch sooner.
Libraries already have cover more service points with less staff. Streamline your library’s staff scheduling with Snap Schedule library employee scheduling software. Increase efficiency, receive tangible ROI, reduce labor costs, and promote employee work-life balance.
See How It Works
Snap Schedule Scheduling Capabilities
Snap Schedule Employee Scheduling Software helps libraries meet these challenges. It is packed with powerful employee scheduling features and gives you instant access to key decision-making criteria, including staffing requirements, regular, overtime and on-call hours, labor costs, employee skills and certifications, employee availability and preferences, and more.
Easily schedule unlimited library employees and volunteers
- Drag & drop to easily assign shifts, mark time off, move or copy assignments.
- View assignments and schedule your library staff from three different views. Use whichever view is easiest and most effective for your library scheduling tasks.
- Create rolling work schedules – from days to years.
- Software automatically generates work schedules using industry standard shift patterns or user-definable schedule plans.
Improve communications by empowering employees with online scheduling self-service access
Available online, 24 hours a day/7 days a week and accessible to employees whether at work or at home, Snap Schedule 365 self-service features cut scheduling and administrative time by making employees more pro-active in the process.
- View Work Schedules: View employee's shift assignments, time-off, shift trades as well as co-workers’ work schedules. From this planner, employees can filter what they want to see, request time off, bid on open shifts, and trade or pick up shifts from co-workers.
- Request Time Off: Employees can make time off/vacation requests, and schedulers can track, manage, approve, or deny those requests. Employees can see the approval status and are automatically alerted when their request is approved or rejected via an in-app notification.
- Trade/Pick Up Shifts: Allow shift trading between employees with or without a scheduler’s approval. Employees can post their assigned shifts to trade with coworkers who are eligible to work the shifts.
- Punch In/Out: Employees can punch in and out of their assigned shifts, and schedulers can see the punch data in real-time in the Punch view or run reports to see the variances between planned vs. actual work hours and costs for any date range.
- Self-scheduling with Open Shifts: Empower employees by letting them self-schedule with open shifts. Schedulers can simply create an open shift for a position and specify the number of employees needed and the required skills.
- View Time Card Information: Employees can view their planned and actual work hours for the current, previous, or next payroll cycle. On-call, overtime, paid and unpaid time-off hours are also presented.
- Look Up Coworkers: Employees can look up coworker’s contact information to call, text, or email. Schedulers decide whom to include or exclude from the directory.
- Update Availability: Save time and stay up-to-date by allowing employees to update their own contact information and availability. Employees can enter their availability information for each day of the week, and in multiple time segments as needed.
Track all training, vacation, sick leave, and other off-work requests
- Define as many paid and unpaid time-off reasons as you like.
- Simply drag & drop a reason onto the Schedule Planner to mark when a library worker is off-work.
- The Schedule Outlook shows who are off-work and why.
- Available reports provide details on planned vacation, training, time off hours for any time period you select.
Adjust individual shift assignment start and end times
- Library workers assigned to a shift are anticipated to work the same period from the shift start time to shift end time.
- When a late start is needed or an early departure is necessary, you can adjust individual workers’ shift assignment start and end times to reflect the actual hours worked. You can also adjust the hours that the workers will be paid for working a shift.
- Labor cost reports reflect any adjustments made to the individual shift start and end times.
Assign desks, work stations, breaks, and duties within each shift
- The Task Schedule Planner provides a more granular level of control for assigning worker activities within a shift.
- Visually assign duties of any length from 1 minute to several hours with a simple drag and drop. You may use a task to identify a scheduled break, a work station, or a specific duty.
- Standard reports provide detailed and summary information on assigned breaks and desk assignments for cost control, payroll, and accounting purposes.
Quickly and efficiently fill a shift or find a substitute
- Quickly find and contact a substitute worker to fill a cancellation.
- Tell Snap Schedule your criteria and it will show you a ranked list of available candidates to fill a shift. Ranking can be based on many criteria including job position, skills, availability, labor cost, work hour limits, and seniority.
Work around staff's schedule constraints with ease
- Define your library operational constraints such as non-working days, shift start times, end times and applicable days of the week for each shift.
- Define each worker’s availability, desired work hours, daily work hour constraints, and weekly work hour constraints.
- The Schedule Planner alerts you to availability conflicts, duplicate shift assignments, overlapped shift assignments, and conflicts with scheduled time off.
- The Daily Assignment Validation report identifies all discrepancies and constraint violations.
Manage labor costs and avoid over/under staffing
- Set overtime policies for your library operations.
- Define hourly cost, overtime exempt status and work hour constraints for each library worker.
- Use the Shift Coverage planner to monitor under/over staffing conditions based on position, skill, and assignment reason.
- Adjust workers' shift assignment start time, end time, and payable hours as necessary to reflect actual work hours.
- Standard reports provide labor cost details and summary data associated with the schedules you created over any specified period.
- Export labor cost data for payroll and accounting purposes.
Easily publish schedules to library staff members and management
- Print schedule views, lists, assignment calendars, and reports to communicate schedule information to management and your staff members.
- Easily publish work schedules, calendars, and reports in PDF and a variety of other formats.
- Automatically email work schedules (in text or iCalendar file format) to workers and/or their supervisors.
Try It For Yourself
Try Snap Schedule 365 absolutely free for a full 30 days. The trial period starts on the day you first use our software and automatically expires 30 days after. You can use one of the sample schedules to evaluate the software features or enter real data and use Snap Schedule 365 to schedule and manage your employees.Get Your Free Trial
Request a Personalized Demo & Consultation
If you prefer personalized online demo from the convenience of your office via Citrix GoToMeeting, we can do that too. We will schedule one of our product specialists to help you set up your schedule, walk you through the many features of our scheduling software, and answer your specific questions. There is no risk, no cost, and absolutely no obligation on your part.Request a Demo