Scheduling Software for Nurses - Snap Schedule
Nurse scheduling and rostering for medical centers, clinics, and hospitals presents many challenges. Determining a work schedule for nurses that is fair and efficient is not trivial. Scheduling software for nurses can help solve this complex problem and assist nurse managers in staffing shifts and departments more efficiently than manual, paper-based scheduling processes of the past.
Making sure that each shift is properly staffed is one of the hardest challenges that nurse managers face. To properly care for patients and to maintain the required nurse staffing plans and rations, each shift must be covered by the right number of nurses with the right combination of skills. Staffing must take into account availability of qualified personnel; nurses’ preferences for particular days, shifts, units; and regulatory and union requirements. Regulatory and union requirements govern the number of hours worked, overtime, time off between shifts, staffing ratios, certifications and credentials. Government regulations in some states mandate nurse-to-patient ratios and healthcare organizations must document, by means of staffing reports, that they are meeting, or trying to meet the ratios.
Nurse Scheduling Software Capabilities
Easily schedule unlimited number of nurses and shifts with Snap Schedule software
- Schedule nurses using drag & drop to easily assign shifts, mark on-call and time off, move or copy assignments.
- View assignments and schedule nurses from three different views. Use whichever view is easiest and most effective for your scheduling tasks.
- Create rolling shift schedules for nurses – from days to years.
- The software supports pattern scheduling and automatically generate work schedules using industry standard or user-definable schedule plans. Snap Schedule software comes with pre-designed shift patterns for compressed work week, 8, 10, 12, and 24 hour fixed and rotating shift schedules that meet scheduling needs of most hospitals, medical centers, clinics, healthcare organizations, assisted living, and long term care facilities. Preview work schedules and make changes as necessary.
Track on-call, training, vacation, sick leave, and other off-work requests
- Define as many paid and un-paid time-off reasons as you like.
- Simply drag & drop a reason onto the Schedule Planner to mark when a nurse is off-work.
- The Schedule Outlook shows who is off-work and why.
- Available reports provide details on planned vacation, training, and time off hours for any time period you select.
Nurse & certification tracking
- Keep complete records of available nurses who may be permanent, full-time or part-time staff, float or per-diem staff, travelers, or registry staff.
- Systematically track credentials and monitor expiration of or renewal dates for cerification.
- Use Snap Schedule’s 25 customizable fields in each employee record to track information that is unique to your operation.
Easily Fill Open Shifts
- Quickly find and contact qualified nurses to fill open shifts.
- Fill open shifts with just a few clicks of the mouse. Tell Snap Schedule software your criteria and it will show you a ranked list of available candidates to fill a shift. Ranking can be based on many criteria including job seniority, position, skills, availability, labor cost, and work hour limits.
Flexible multi-location scheduling
- Use the software to easily create rota and shift schedules for particular units or departments, the entire hospital, or an integrated delivery network.
- Define work locations (stations, wards, wings, etc.) for your organization and designate authorized work locations for each nurse. The Schedule Planner will alert you if any nurse is assigned to an unauthorized location.
- Know instantly where the nurses are asssigned from a single computer screen. No need to flip through pages of paper to see absentees, on-call, training, or overtime situations. View shift and rotation scheduling for any location on any date.
- Use standard reports to gain visibility into scheduling activities and cost data at all locations, groups of locations, or a specific location.
Multi-skill nurse scheduling is a breeze
- Define skills and certifications related to each nurse. Snap Schedule software alerts you when credentials are about to expire or have not been updated.
- The Shift Coverage Planner lets you know if there are enough nurses with the right skills to staff a shift.
- The software's Staffing Overview graph displays the number of scheduled nurses with a specified skill by location, shift, or hourly coverage.
Work around your schedule constraints with ease
- Define each nurse’s availability schedule, desired work hours, daily work hour constraints, and weekly work hour constraints.
- The Schedule Planner alerts you to nurse's availability conflicts, duplicate shift assignments, overlapped shift assignments, and conflicts with scheduled time off.
- The Daily Assignment Validation report identifies all discrepancies and constraint violations.
Manage labor costs and avoid nurse over/under staffing
- Set overtime, shift preminum, and time off policies for your organization.
- Define hourly cost, overtime exempt status and work hour constraints for each nurse.
- Use the Shift Coverage planner to monitor under/over staffing conditions based on position, skill, and shift assignment reason.
- Instantly see the impact staffing changes will have on the budget.
- Adjust shift assignment start time, end time, and payable hours as necessary to reflect actual work hours.
- Standard reports provide labour cost details and summary data associated with the schedules you created over any specified period.
- Use the software to export labour cost data for payroll and accounting purposes.
Easily publish schedules to nurses and nurse supervisors with Snap Schedule software
- Print schedule views, lists, rosters, assignment calendars, and reports to communicate schedule information to management and nurses.
- Easily publish shift schedules, calendars, and any report in PDF and a variety of other formats.
- Publish open shifts and shift coverage data.
- Automatically email work schedules (in text or iCalendar file format) to nurses and/or their supervisors.