Business owners and managers often spend countless hours on personnel scheduling to come up with the right rosters for changing workload requirements. Optimized staff schedules can provide tremendous benefits since overstaffing wastes payroll dollars while understaffing results in lost sales and poor customer service. The more time managers spend on personnel scheduling, the less time they spend working directly with employees and customers. Personnel scheduling can be complicated and present many challenges. Most businesses have a variety of job positions to schedule and shifts to cover. Businesses that have peak hours and high seasons allocate employees proportionally by the hour of the day and/or rotate employees to ensure an even spread of shifts for each employee. Union and FLSA rules may place restrictions on work hours, overtime compensation, and the types of work schedules that can be implemented. The schedulers must also consider time-off requests, labor rules, and personnel availabilities when developing schedules for full-time and part-time employees.
Snap Schedule Personnel Scheduling Software Capabilities
Easily schedule unlimited number of number of employees
- Drag & drop to easily assign shifts, mark time off, move or copy assignments.
- View assignments and schedule your staff from three different views. Use whichever view is easiest and most effective for your scheduling tasks.
- Create rolling work schedules – from days to years.
- Software automatically generates work schedules using industry standard shift patterns or user-definable schedule plans.
Quickly and efficiently fill a shift or find a substitute
- Quickly find and contact a substitute worker to fill a cancellation.
- Tell Snap Schedule software your criteria and it will show you a ranked list of available candidates to fill a shift. Ranking can be based on many criteria including job position, skills, availability, labor cost, work hour limits, and seniority.
Track all training, vacation, sick leave, and other off-work requests
- Define as many paid and un-paid time-off reasons as you like.
- Simply drag & drop a reason onto the Schedule Planner to mark when an employee is off-work.
- The Schedule Outlook shows who are off-work and why.
- Available reports provide details on planned vacation, training, time off hours for any time period you select.
Assign breaks and tasks within each shift
- The Task Schedule Planner provides a more granular level of control for assigning employee activities within a shift.
- Visually assign tasks of any length from 1 minute to several hours with a simple drag and drop. You may use a task to identify a scheduled break, a work station, or a specific duty.
- Standard reports provide detailed and summary information on assigned breaks and tasks for cost control, payroll, and accounting purposes.
Multi-skill scheduling is a breeze
- You can identify applicable skills and certifications for any employee. Define skills and certifications related to special training, education, licensing, quality assurance, etc.
- The software's Shift Coverage Planner lets you know if there are enough employees with the right skills to staff a shift.
- The software's Staffing Overview graph displays the number of scheduled employees having a specified skill by location, shift, or hourly coverage.
Manage labor costs and avoid over/under staffing
- Set overtime policies for your business.
- Define hourly cost, overtime exempt status and work hour constraints for each employee.
- Use the software's Shift Coverage planner to monitor under/over staffing conditions based on position, skill, and assignment reason.
- Adjust workers' shift assignment start time, end time, and payable hours as necessary to reflect actual work hours.
- Standard reports provide labor cost data by shift, employee, position, work order, location, and other criteria.
- Export labor cost data for payroll and accounting purposes.
Adjust individual shift assignment start and end times
- Employees assigned to a shift are anticipated to work the same period from the shift start time to shift end time.
- When a late start is needed or an early departure is necessary, you can adjust individual workers’ shift assignment start and end times to reflect the actual hours worked. You can also adjust the hours that the employees will be paid for working a shift.
- Labor cost reports reflect any adjustments made to the individual shift start and end times.
Work around your schedule constraints with ease
- Define your operational constraints such as non-working days, shift start times, end times and applicable days of the week for each shift.
- Define each employee’s availability schedule, desired work hours, daily work hour constraints, and weekly work hour constraints.
- The software's Schedule Planner alerts you to availability conflicts, duplicate shift assignments, overlapped shift assignments, and conflicts with scheduled time off.
- The Daily Assignment Validation report identifies all discrepancies and constraint violations.
Easily publish schedules to employees and management
- Print schedule views, lists, assignment calendars, and reports to communicate schedule information to management and your employees.
- Easily publish work schedules, calendars, and any report in PDF and a variety of other formats.
- Automatically email work schedules (in text or iCalendar file format) to workers and/or their supervisors.