Employee Scheduling Software for Security, Patrol, and Protective Services
A variety of challenges makes effective scheduling for security and protective service industry difficult. Security officers, guards, and patrol officers are often assigned to work on multiple sites with varied shift times and rotations. When assigning shifts and posts, you must consider specialized training, credentials, skills, labor rates, vacations, and time off requests. It is important that all the details be easy to find, accurate, and correctly assigned. High security guard turnover and fluctuating workload are common in the industry. Ensuring that the right security guard with the right skills are deployed to the right post at the right time will provide the required level of services, avert risks, and minimize potential liability. With Snap Schedule scheduling software, these problems are easily resolved with the many time-saving features available in the program.
Snap Schedule Security Officer Scheduling and Security Guard Scheduling Capabilities
Easily schedule unlimited number of security guards and officers
- Drag & drop to easily assign shifts, mark time off, move or copy assignments.
- View assignments and schedule security officers from three different views. Use whichever view is easiest and most effective for your scheduling tasks.
- Create rolling work schedules – from days to years.
- Software automatically generates shift schedules using industry standard shift patterns or user-definable schedule plans. Snap Schedule software comes with pre-designed compressed work week, 8, 10, 12, and 24 hour fixed and rotating shift schedules that meet staff scheduling needs of most commercial, corporate, and industrial security businesses. Preview shift schedules and make any changes as necessary.
Flexible multi-location scheduling
- Define work locations (sites, posts, gates, etc.) for your business and designate authorized work locations for each security officer. The Schedule Planner will alert you if any security guard is assigned to an unauthorized location.
- Know instantly where the security officers are assigned from a single computer screen. No need to flip through pages of paper to see absentees, on-call, training, or overtime situations. Show shift and rotation scheduling for any location on any date.
- Use standard reports to gain visibility into scheduling activities and cost data at all locations, groups of locations, or a specific location.
Track all training, vacation, sick leave, and other off-work requests
- Define as many paid and un-paid time-off reasons as you like.
- Simply drag & drop a reason onto the Schedule Planner to mark when an officer is off-work.
- The software's Schedule Outlook shows who are off-work and why.
- Available reports provide details on planned vacation, training, time off hours for any time period you select.
Assign security duties/posts within each shift
- The software's Task Schedule Planner provides a more granular level of control for assigning security officer duties/posts within a shift.
- Visually assign breaks and tasks (duties) of any length from 1 minute to several hours with a simple drag and drop.
- Standard reports provide detailed and summary information on assigned breaks and tasks for cost control, payroll, and accounting purposes.
Multi-skill scheduling is a breeze
- You can identify applicable skills and certifications for any officer. Define skills and certifications related to special training, experience with canines, executive bodyguard work, firearms usage, etc.
- The Shift Coverage Planner lets you know if there are enough security officers with the right skills to staff a shift.
- The software's Staffing Overview graph displays the number of scheduled officers having a specified skill by location, shift, or hourly coverage.
Quickly and efficiently fill a shift or find a substitute
- Quickly find and contact a substitute security officer to fill a no-show or cancellation.
- Tell Snap Schedule software your criteria and it will show you a ranked list of available candidates to fill a shift. Ranking can be based on many criteria including job position, skills, availability, labor cost, work hour limits, and seniority.
Work around your schedule constraints with ease
- Define your business operational constraints such as non-working days, shift start times, end times and applicable days of the week for each shift.
- Define each officer’s availability schedule, desired work hours, daily work hour constraints, and weekly work hour constraints.
- The spftware's Schedule Planner alerts you to availability conflicts, duplicate shift assignments, overlapped shift assignments, and conflicts with scheduled time off.
- The Daily Assignment Validation report identifies all discrepancies and constraint violations.
We know instantly where our team members are just by looking at the screen—not flipping through a hundred pages of paper. I can see overtime situations easily. It’s almost impossible to overlook a commitment. It’s easy to insert a person’s photos, and there’s lots of room for individual training and certifications — another big plus when you schedule security professionals.
Director of Operations
Black Tower Security Services Ltd.
Manage labor costs and avoid over/under staffing
- Set overtime policies for your business.
- Define hourly cost, overtime exempt status and work hour constraints for each officer.
- Use the Shift Coverage planner to monitor under/over staffing conditions based on position, skill, and assignment reason.
- Adjust officers' shift assignment start time, end time, and payable hours as necessary to reflect actual work hours.
- Standard reports provide labor cost details and summary data associated with the schedules you created over any specified period.
- Export labor cost data for payroll and accounting purposes.
Easily publish schedules to security guards, officers and management
- Print schedule views, lists, assignment calendars, and reports to communicate schedule information to management and your security officers.
- Easily publish work schedules, calendars, and any report in PDF and a variety of other formats.
- Automatically email work schedules (in text or iCalendar file format) to security guards, officers and/or their supervisors.