Business owners and managers often spend countless hours on work crew scheduling to come up with the right rosters for changing workload requirements. Snap Schedule work crew scheduling software helps companies save significant scheduling time, resources, and costs. It offers several different work schedule views designed to accommodate a variety of scheduling styles and processes.
Work crew scheduling and rostering can be complicated and present many challenges. Most businesses have a variety of job positions to schedule and shifts to cover. Businesses that have peak hours and high seasons allocate work crews proportionally by the hour of the day and/or rotate employees to ensure an even spread of shifts for each employee. Union and FLSA rules may place restrictions on work hours, overtime compensation, and the types of work schedules that can be implemented. Schedulers must also consider time-off requests, labor rules, and personnel availabilities when developing schedules for full-time and part-time workers.
There are various circumstances where additional crews are needed beyond those originally scheduled to work, at any given time. This may be the result of filling a shift for a vacation, sick worker, or other work assignment (training, union business, et. al.), which a scheduled worker is not working their normal shift. It could also be a situation where extra workers and crews are necessary, either due to planned or unplanned circumstances (outages, unexpected maintenance needs) resulting in crew callouts for overtime work. Snap Schedule's automated callout system is designed to ensure fairness in the opportunity to work overtime shifts, but also to provide records to ensure that workers are working a fair share of the overtime available for their job.
See How It Works
Snap Schedule Crew Scheduling Capabilities
Snap Schedule Crew Scheduling Software helps business owners meet these challenges. It is packed with powerful crew scheduling features and gives you instant access to key decision-making criteria, including staffing requirements, regular, overtime and on-call hours, labor costs, employee skills and certifications, employee availability and preferences, and more.
Easily schedule an unlimited number of crews with Snap Schedule scheduling software
- Drag & drop to easily assign shifts, mark time off, move or copy assignments..
- View assignments and schedule your crews from three different views. Use whichever view is easiest and most effective for your scheduling tasks.
- Create rolling work schedules – from days to years.
- Software automatically generates work schedules using industry standard shift patterns or user-definable schedule plans.
Improve communications by empowering employees with online scheduling self-service access
Available online, 24 hours a day/7 days a week and accessible to employees whether at work or at home, Snap Schedule 365 self-service features cut scheduling and administrative time by making employees more pro-active in the process.
- View Work Schedules: View employee's shift assignments, time-off, shift trades as well as co-workers’ work schedules. From this planner, employees can filter what they want to see, request time off, bid on open shifts, and trade or pick up shifts from co-workers.
- Request Time Off: Employees can make time off/vacation requests, and schedulers can track, manage, approve, or deny those requests. Employees can see the approval status and are automatically alerted when their request is approved or rejected via an in-app notification.
- Trade/Pick Up Shifts: Allow shift trading between employees with or without a scheduler’s approval. Employees can post their assigned shifts to trade with coworkers who are eligible to work the shifts.
- Punch In/Out: Employees can punch in and out of their assigned shifts with geo-fencing, and schedulers can see the punch data in real-time in the Punch view or run reports to see the variances between planned vs. actual work hours and costs for any date range.
- Self-scheduling with Open Shifts: Empower employees by letting them self-schedule with open shifts. Schedulers can simply create an open shift for a position and specify the number of employees needed and the required skills.
- View Time Card Information: Employees can view their planned and actual work hours for the current, previous, or next payroll cycle. On-call, overtime, paid and unpaid time-off hours are also presented.
- Look Up Coworkers: Employees can look up coworker’s contact information to call, text, or email. Schedulers decide whom to include or exclude from the directory.
- Update Availability: Save time and stay up-to-date by allowing employees to update their own contact information and availability. Employees can enter their availability information for each day of the week, and in multiple time segments as needed.
Quickly and efficiently fill a shift or find a substitute
- Quickly find and contact a substitute crew to fill a cancellation.
- Tell Snap Schedule your criteria and it will show you a ranked list of available candidates to fill a shift. Ranking can be based on many criteria including job position, skills, availability, labor cost, work hour limits, and seniority.
Track all training, vacation, sick leave, and other off-work requests
- Define as many paid and unpaid time-off reasons as you like.
- Simply drag & drop a reason onto the Schedule Planner to mark when an employee is off-work.
- The Schedule Outlook shows who is off-work and why.
- Available reports provide details on planned vacation, training, time off hours for any time period you select.
Assign breaks and tasks within each shift
- The Task Schedule Planner provides a more granular level of control for assigning employee activities within a shift.
- Visually assign tasks of any length from 1 minute to several hours with a simple drag and drop. You may use a task to identify a scheduled break, a work station, or a specific duty.
- Standard reports provide detailed and summary information on assigned breaks and tasks for cost control, payroll, and accounting purposes.
Multi-skill scheduling is a breeze
- You can identify applicable skills and certifications for any crew member. Define skills and certifications related to special training, education, licensing, quality assurance, etc.
- The Shift Coverage Planner lets you know if there are enough crew members with the right skills to staff a shift.
- The Staffing Overview graph displays the number of scheduled employees having a specified skill by location, shift, or hourly coverage.
Manage labor costs and avoid over/under staffing
- Set overtime policies for your business.
- Define hourly cost, overtime exempt status and work hour constraints for each crew member.
- Use the Shift Coverage planner to monitor under/over staffing conditions based on position, skill, and assignment reason.
- Adjust workers' shift assignment start time, end time, and payable hours as necessary to reflect actual work hours.
- Standard reports provide labor cost data by shift, employee, position, work order, location, and other criteria.
- Export labour cost data for payroll and accounting purposes.
Adjust individual shift assignment start and end times
- Employees assigned to a shift are anticipated to work the same period from the shift start time to shift end time.
- When a late start is needed or an early departure is necessary, you can adjust individual workers’ shift assignment start and end times to reflect the actual hours worked. You can also adjust the hours that the workers will be paid for working a shift.
- Labor cost reports reflect any adjustments made to the individual shift start and end times.
Work around your schedule constraints with ease
- Define your operational constraints such as non-working days, shift start times, end times and applicable days of the week for each shift.
- Define each crew member's availability, desired work hours, daily work hour constraints, and weekly work hour constraints.
- The Schedule Planner alerts you to availability conflicts, duplicate shift assignments, overlapped shift assignments, and conflicts with scheduled time off.
- The Daily Assignment Validation report identifies all discrepancies and constraint violations.
Easily publish schedules to workers and managers with Snap Schedule software
- Print schedule views, lists, assignment calendars, and reports to communicate schedule information to management and your employees.
- Easily publish work schedules, calendars, and reports in PDF and a variety of other formats.
- Automatically email work schedules (in text or iCalendar file format) to workers and/or their supervisors.
Request a Personalized Demo & Consultation
If you prefer personalized online demo from the convenience of your office via Citrix GoToMeeting, we can do that too. We will schedule one of our product specialists to help you set up your schedule, walk you through the many features of our scheduling software, and answer your specific questions. There is no risk, no cost, and absolutely no obligation on your part.Request a Demo
Try It For Yourself
Try Snap Schedule 365 absolutely free for a full 30 days. The trial period starts on the day you first use our software and automatically expires 30 days after. You can use one of the sample schedules to evaluate the software features or enter real data and use Snap Schedule 365 to schedule and manage your employees.Get Your Free Trial