What's new in Snap Schedule 2017 Employee Scheduling Software
We've listened to you, our customers, and added many exciting new features and improvements to the 2013 Edition to help you get more done in fewer steps.
There are times when you need to reassign tasks from one employee to another due to absence or unexpected changes in the workload. To reassign all tasks in an employee’s shift, you can simply move the shift or cut and paste the shift to another employee while in the Daily View. However, if you just want to reassign a single task to a different employee, you can select the task while in the Task view and use the new Reassign a Task command to select an employee from a list of qualified candidates. A new user interface is now available to help you find the best available employee to take over another employee’s assigned task. You can use different criteria such as current employee work locations, current work shifts, punch/in out status, qualifications for the task, etc. to narrow down the list of available substitute employees.
A new tab is added to the Skill property page to indicate whether or not each of the active employees possesses the specified skill. From this tab, the skill status and skill expiration date can be quickly entered for any active employee.
- Improved report data filtering capability. When applying a filter on a report text field, the report engine now retrieves all possible values for that text field from the database and populates them in a drop-down list for easy user selection. Currently, only values that are being displayed on the report are populated.
Added 2 new reports:
- Shift Coverage by Assignment Reason: This report displays the number of people required and scheduled by assignment reason for each shift, organized by shift location for each day in the report date range.
- Shift Coverage by Skill/Certification: This report displays the number of people required and scheduled by skill/certification for each shift, organized by shift location for each day in the report date range.
- Removed the upper limit of 168 hours for work periods when entering work schedule data for each employee. Any non-negative work hour limit is now acceptable.
- Fixed the Employee Work Hours By Location and Recorded Employee Work Hours By Location reports to correct a problem where the date and shift header information may not be exported correctly to a pdf file.
- Fixed the Punch Records By Employee report to correct a bug where the position description and team description are blank.
- Fixed a bug in the Open Shift Summary report that caused date values to be formatted incorrectly under certain conditions when the United Kingdom date format is selected.
Try It For Yourself
Download Snap Schedule and try it free on your personal computer. The trial period starts on the day you first use our software and automatically expires 30 days after. You can use one of the sample schedules to evaluate the software features or enter real data and use Snap Schedule to schedule and manage your employees.Download Now
Request a Personalized Demo & Consultation
If you prefer personalized online demo from the convenience of your office via Citrix GoToMeeting, we can do that too. We will schedule one of our product specialists to help you set up your schedule, walk you through the many features of our scheduling software, and answer your specific questions. There is no risk, no cost, and absolutely no obligation on your part.Request a Demo